|Fig1. Untreated sulfur||Fig2. Sulfur treated with IPAC Dustbind S5|
- IPAC sulphur product line is a global brand as is written into the dust suppressant and acid control specification of many sulphur handling facilities and has been used successfully for 25 years.
- Globally IPAC treats over 8,000,000 MT of sulphur per year with our dust suppressant, acid control and sulphur release products.
- IPAC sulphur products are used in countries such as Canada, Venezuela, USA, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Russia, India, Iran, Qatar and UAE.
- We designed-built dust suppressant systems and involved in the engineering and design of the dust suppressant systems with international engineering companies. The physical and chemical properties of our products: vapour pressure, dilution ratio, solubility, corrosivity, temperature, viscosity are carefully considered to ensure that proper pumps, nozzles, dilution water, metallurgy are selected to meet the challenges on site.
- Most important of all, the systems are designed to a very strict specification of water addition to the elemental sulphur. The failure to maintain proper moisture level through chemical applications will lead to degradation of sulphur quality and eventually it will affect the price they can sell into the world market.
- Other important parameters to consider are ash, carbon and carsul contents contribution. Improper and excessive use of products will affect sulphur's premium grade specification.
- Sulphur is hydrophobic (water-hating), the addition of water will NOT control dust but will affect the sulphur quality, slumping of sulphur stockpile and on site/ship hold corrosion; subsequently will affect the selling price of the sulphur.
- IPAC sulphur products meet and exceed the strictest criteria set up for Sulphur industry; criteria such as ash content, carsul, maintenance of safe transportable moisture level, angle of repose and charge neutralization have all been studied and evaluated to ensure sulphur maintain its highest purity and quality during forming, transport and storage.
- Sulphur product released aid is designed to work with sulphur produced by different types of granulators.
- In our NSERC certified laboratory, our Research team is constantly studying and improving dust and acid control, and release aid for sulphur.
- Technical aspects of dust suppressants are thoroughly tested:
Surface tension modification is required so that the product can cover the hydrophobic or hydrophilic substrate granular surface.
Wetability allows liquid to adhere to the substrate surface in a micro boundary layer.
Charge neutralization prevents the collection of repelling electrical charges on the substrate surface such that the dust particles will remain on the granules.
Becomes a viscous agglomerative liquid upon drying, thus remaining effective for extended periods of time.
- Synergistic blend of environmental friendly surfactants and effective at low dosage.
- Wind tunnel testing:
Wind Tunnel provides capability to test both freshly treated substrate (immediate effectiveness) and dried material (residual effectiveness) which best simulates real-world conditions.
Escape velocity - wind speed at which the material starts to leave the pile, measurement of agglomeration of fine dust particles.
Weight loss VS wind speed provides measurement of substrate tackiness.
- We are also a member of Alberta Sulphur Research (ASRL) and working with some of the best sulphur experts in the world to look at dust control and various issues as they come to light.
- The failures of using improper products or water may lead to:
Worker health and safety
Corrosion: both on site and ship
Inferior sulphur product and lower selling prices